careers at eventpower
We are growing at a rapid rate, take great pride in our team, and are always on the lookout for bright talented workers in the temporary power business!
We invite you to join our team of professionals, developing new skills whilst working on exciting projects in the entertainment and special events world. Please visit this page regularly as we will post new full-time opportunities that you won’t find anywhere else in the industry. We also often have part-time / on-call positions available for everything from laborers up to electrical workers and Journeyman Electricians so please feel free to drop us a line or send us your resume to get on our call list.
Eventpower is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. We invest in continued education while offering competitive wages and comprehensive benefit packages.
Job Posting – Portable Power Electrician
The Portable Power Electrician will support pre-production, on-site and post-production Eventpower operations in-house at our shop, and at event sites around the Lower Mainland. On-site duties will include the set-up, monitoring and removal of temporary power systems for concerts, festivals, sporting and special events. Pre- and post-production work will include equipment repair and maintenance, manufacturing cable & equipment for our growing inventory, equipment preparation, and client communications during the planning phases of upcoming events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESONSIBILITIES: (other duties may be assigned as required)
- Set up, monitor and remove portable power equipment for events throughout the Lower Mainland.
- Maintain and repair all rental cables, distribution, and equipment (excluding generators).
- Assist in planning projects by gathering scheduling, site planning, and electrical requirement information from clients. Ideally this position will evolve to include designing temporary power set-ups for upcoming projects.
- Utilise an RFID-based inventory program, and assist in the regular updating of our inventory records with this electronic tracking system.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3 to 5 years experience in the electrical field. Event experience is an asset but not a requirement.
- British Columbia (Technical Safety BC) Full Entertainment (FE) or higher electrical certification required.
- Hands-on experience operating generators is a definite asset.
- An event’s needs are often ever-changing; the ability to follow predetermined electrical layouts while also using load calculations/electrical knowledge to safely modify those existing layouts to accommodate changing requirements “on the fly” is extremely desirable.
- The ideal candidate is a solid team player, has excellent interpersonal skills, and is a clear communicator (both in writing and verbally).
- The ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision is crucial.
- Must be people-oriented, have a strong customer-based focus, and be able to work with all clients and their guests in fast-paced and changeable environments.
- The ability to safely and effectively supervise 1-4 crew members with varying levels of electrical experience is required.
- Ability to work weekends, flexible and sometimes long hours is required.
- Must be comfortable working in both indoor and outdoor non-traditional work environments ( dark / night-time conditions, in/around water, and in varying weather conditions, etc.)
- The candidate must have a valid BC Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
- Experience driving larger vehicles and/or towing trailers and generators is an asset.
Please send all resumes to email@example.com